Monday, May 11, 2009

The Time is Near

We called hospice yesterday and they informed us that we had 3-4 days. They said he would be bed ridden and most likely go into a coma. Kirk and I just walked him to his bed for the last time. Dad wanted to look out the windows first. His breathing is getting very labored and we feel the end is near. Once again we thank you for your love and prayers. We appreciate your support and concern. As we struggle at this time we are clinging together as family and trying to stay strong. We were able to go out for a nice dinner as adults on Saturday and have some good quality time to last us through time. Thank you once again we will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for keeping us informed. We look for news everyday. Your dad mentioned to me on Saturday that he was checking his mailbax for something I was sending him,(and baby Mac) and according to USPS, it was delivered today. I hope he gets to see it before he goes to sleep. I do hope it will please him and all of you. I know God blesses you all. I wish you comfort and peace at this difficult time. Mark has been an inspiration to us all. What an amazing man! My love to all of you, and I hope we can meet someday.
Love,
Jennifer Oliver Rockwell, Hart HIgh class of 1969