Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tribute To Dad







Thank you for your love and concern. My Dad went to the Dr. yesterday and was told he had two choices. Chemo again, then radiation, then a bone marrow transplant leaving him with a 25% chance of survival OR He has 1-2 Months. And due to his current health he doesn't feel like his body could handle all that medical treatment and more again. So we will be saying Farewell to a Great Man in a short time. I think that we as a family feel like it is the right thing. That it is the best thing. Our tears are just as much for ourselves as for our Amazing Father and Friend. We hope to make the best of his final time here on this earth and hope he takes our love with him and shares it with our Family on the other side. Dad has lived a full life and has shown his love for others in so many ways. We will miss him from the depths of our souls. But KNOW he is going to a better place, free from grief and pain.

WE LOVE YOU DAD & PAPA

3 comments:

Becker Family said...

We can't even begin to express how sorry we are to hear! Ben and I are fasting today for you, Mark, and your sweet family. We love you and pray that the Lord's spirit will be extra close to you and your family at this time.

krista said...

Please know that your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers. I know how much my Dad loved Mark and cherished the times they had as young boys. I have no doubt that when the time comes for him to journey to the other side that my Dad will be one of the first people to greet him.

Much love to you all
krista

Lindsey P. said...

Mark and Claudia- I was so sad (but happy at the same time) to see you were discharged last week, and that I missed saying goodbye. I am so sorry to hear the news that you have received. Please know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of EVERYONE on the 7th floor...you are missed every minute you are away from 7th heaven. Please keep us updated on any news. You are an amazing man (and family, too) and will be missed in the days to come. You have truly touched my life, as well as many other nurses and pct's on 7th heaven. With love. Lindsey Wyatt (and don't forget, you will always have a special place because you know where Lenexa is :]).